Choosing The Right Door
Choosing the right restaurant door for your specific application is very important. Double acting swing doors provide easy passage for the wait staff to carry food and beverages to and from the kitchen to the dining area without having to use their hands to open the door. The impact door swings in both directions, in and out and always away from the person passing through the door.
There are several factors to consider before choosing the right door for your restaurant or institution.
TYPE OF TRAFFIC
Some traffic doors allow more abuse then others. Our wood core doors are constructed with a 3/4" sustainable, moisture resistant, composite wood core for structural integrity.
Whether you are looking for sleek stainless steel doors, lightweight aluminum doors, swing doors that add the warmth of wood, or simply a color to match your décor we have the commercial kitchen door you are looking for. If you don’t see it on our website, please contact us at 800.598.2845, we can custom build the door you need.
Are you looking for a round window or rectangular window for your traffic door or maybe a special size? E-mail us at [email protected], call us toll free at 800.598.2845, or use our chat line available Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.
Need protective options such as kick plates on the lower portion of the kitchen door, maybe a cart guard in the middle of the swing door, or a push plate? Contact us! We can design a swing commercial kitchen door that meets your specific needs.
Looking for a wood free door and without organic materials? We have your solution!
PRODUCT CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS
1. CHOOSE A PRODUCT YOU WOULD LIKE TO CUSTOMIZE.
- Select your desired product from the list below, or from the navigation menu above, under Products.
2. SELECT YOUR CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS
- Panel Type
- Single Panel: Select this if a single door will be enough to fill your finished opening.
- Typically, single panel doors are used to fill openings anywhere between 18" and 44" wide.
- Double Panel: Your finished opening is wide, so you need 2 doors to fill the opening.
- Typically, double panel doors are used to fill openings anywhere between 36" and 84" wide.
- Hinge Type
- Since double panel doors will have a hinge on each door panel, a hinge side is needed for single panel doors only.
- To determine a hinge side, imagine yourself walking through the door. As you push the door, which way does it swing open? That is the side the hinge is on.
- Impact Plates
- Impact plates add an aesthetic appeal and will improve the durability of the door panel.
- Laminate or Color Options
- Integrate our products seamlessly into the design of your building, or choose a contrasting color that will complement your decor.
3. ADD YOUR FINISHED OPENING MEASUREMENTS.
- Always measure the opening and not the door.
- Enter your opening width and height in inches in the boxes provided on the product pages.
4. ADD YOUR CUSTOMIZED PRODUCT TO YOUR CART.
- Verify your choices and add the product to your cart.
5. DETERMINE IF YOU WILL NEED A HOLLOW METAL FRAME.
- Our hollow metal frames are manufactured for Drywall and are reinforced at the hinge locations.
- If you decide to purchase a frame, the actual finish opening should be the same as the product you're buying the frame for.
- For example, if I purchase a Single Panel door that is 34" wide by 42" high, my frame would also be 34" wide by 42" high.